About this Event
Students who successfully compete this class will earn the Bridgeport Mill badge, allowing ongoing use for members. No previous experience required.
Instructor: Christopher Heun
Ticket purchase required.
The Learning Objectives are as follows:
- Identify the locations and function of the milling machine's E-stop
- Identify and demonstrate proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Explain and Identify Lock Out-Tag Out procedure and guidelines for the milling machine
- List/adhere to all shop/lab safety rules established by Make Haven
- Identify the location and function of the components on the mill
- Demonstrate safe insertion and removal of cutting tools
- Demonstrate adequate clamping/fixturing procedure of work-piece
- Demonstrate proper start up and speed selection sequence for both belt driven and variable-speed spindles
- Identify and confirm proper spindle rotation for intended cutting tool
- Identify and explain the function of machines preventative maintenance (TPM) requirements
- Demonstrate the accurate and safe squaring of the machine's vise
- Demonstrate and explain the need for accurate edgefinding of a workpiece
- Demonstrate proper care and use of precision measuring tools (dial indicator, micrometer, dial caliper)
- Reference the Machinists Handbook for proper tool selection / cutting speeds and feeds.
This is an in-person, hands-on class. Participants will be required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth and keep distanced. Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or with a recent exposure will be asked to reschedule. Complete guidelines for the space use at this time can be found at makehaven.org/pandemic
You must click below and REGISTER to attend at:
Scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the information under Register (gray box) and hit submit to receive the join code. Questions? Email email@example.com.