I. CARE updates
- Walking Trail- the subcommittee has met and is working on finalizing the routes for the trail. We will be having an event on May 10 at 3pm for any community members who are interested in walking. We will have a "Trail Pre-view" on that day in honor of National Women's Health Week and Mother's Day. Please invite anyone and everyone to come walk and get to know their neighbors!
- CARE Grant Proposal- NHFPL and PPSNE requested funding from CSNA for a free community yoga class that will be taking place on April 24th- one class in English and one in Spanish. Those members present at the meeting approved the request.
- Marianne will provide Yoga Mats
II. Economic and Community Development
- Vision Statement- edits have been made based upon last meetings recommendations and feedback. The document has been posted to our website. Comments are welcomed and can be sent to Christel or Chandra. We will present a shorter version to the City in May for review.
- Waterfront Weekend
- Trail Blazer- possibility of having them sponsor next year, invite this year.
- Meeting with Andrew Wolf from department of Culture and Tourism to discuss Waterfront Weekend for next year.
- dining out night
- rinconcito Tuesday 22nd 6-8pm
- C.S. park Cleanup report back- it was a great event, we have over 25 people participate and everyone had a great time. The new picture on our website is from that event.
- IV. Youth and Families
- Easter egg hunt- donations welcome
- P.D. will donate eggs
- 200-250 kids expected
- lee and luz will provide tables and chairs
- teaching dance to kids at homework club continues
- Showcase last month- kids were great. many of the people who live there showed and also several community members, kids felt very supported and loved performing for all of us.
- GARDEN- someone stole shovels and buckets from Clinton School Garden, we are requesting money from CARE funds to cover the cost of buying additional supplies.
III. STRONG SCHOOL
- city wants to put of a request for proposals (RFP)
- After conversations with city, we have formed an official organization that can take ownership of the school- Founding Board: Lee, Don, Chandra, Christel and Dieniz.
- Potential Meeting with city on May 8th at 7pm
- April 25 3pm- tour with Yale of space
- May 12- economic development meeting 6pm
- May 12- Board Meeting at 7pm
IV. Finance Report
- we currently have $11231.68 in our United Way Acct.
V. Police and Safety Report:
- car thefts: several Honda's in area were either stolen and then recovered, or the tires were removed. Police are working to find those responsible. Community members reported great response from police.
- dirt bikes- already working to ensure the same issues that occurred last year dont happen this summer. Have already made some progress on finding bikes.
- May 4- NEW HAVEN POLICE DEPT will be having a Softball Tournament, please support!
- Packages being stolen from homes in neighborhood- not too many occur, if it does, please report to police via non emergency number.
1. Pop up Arts and Ideas Festival June 7, 1-8pm at Columbus School
2. Outreach Committee- working on items for visibility and outreach