April 15, 2015 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Welcome & Introductions: George, Ian, Tim B, David H, Jenna (city of Milford), leslie, Marian, Nathalie, terry, Susan O’leary, Clymenza, Lee, Tom, Mary Ann, Sally, Pat.
CARE: Yale School Public Health Report – Alycia
- Yoga Class: cancelled
- Urban Walking Trail: Kathleen is taking over the project, working with Doug.
- Other CARE activities: NA
Interested in working with CARE? Contact: Alycia Santilli
Economic & Community Development – Christel\Lee
- Riverfest 2015: Waterfront weekend poster featuring the 2 events is circulating. Set a table for CSNA at the Family Stroll: 10-2 Tim and Kathleen or Diane, possibly Sally. Website available in different languages. Share event on FB or with fliers.
- Community Soup Night: Nathalie & Don’s 29 Grand Ave. April 26 at 5pm
- Report on Park Clean up in April 11. We had park a garden clean up, 6 volunteers from Q University+ neighbors. 6 total cleaned the park. 10 people at Grand Acres, 14 at Clinton.
- Dover beach: there is a cleanup with University students this Sunday April 19 from 12-2 @ Dover beach park.
- CT Main Street/Fair Haven Forward Initiative- Nathalie, Diane,Tom. New location. Update by Nathalie: there will be a Special CSNA Econ Dev meeting devoted to Fair Haven Forward May 11 at 6 at Cheney’s 20 Grand Avenue. We’ve invited businesses to join us, for an introduction meeting.
- Other Eco. & Community Development activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel Manning
Youth, Children & Families– Mary Ann\Sally
- Homework Club at Q Terrace: going on
- Report on Easter Egg Hunt: Enough contribution this year from neighbors. 180 bags of candies were distributed. Police donated 20 dozen eggs to boil. Police walking guys were there, let Q terrace Q kids played with cruiser. Real success.
- Report on Garden clean up Clinton Ave. It has started, 6 school teachers involved, students, lots of participants parents, neighbors, possibility of expansion. At Grand Acres (run by Nathalie): lots of new gardeners, new system of bylaws. People have started working the soil.
- Other Youth, Children & Families activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Mary Ann Moran
Report on after meeting, meeting with Doug Hausladen City of New Haven Transportation: Tom talked about it. George will follow up with Doug for a follow up meeting.
Announcements\Report back on other activities\events:
- Letter to Housing Authority – Report back, Karen DuBois Walton accepted invitation will come to May meeting at 7pm.
- Strong School building Project (SPACe) Update Lee
- Fair Haven Family Stroll: just show up with kids.
- Mary Wade Home Parade: May 29, (June 5) 10:30 at Chatham Sq Park.
- Mary Wade May 7 has a Spring Fling event, dinner at 6pm, presentation about caring for a loved one and yourself. RSVP 203-562-7222.
- Exchange St. Block Party: June 27: 12-6pm
- City Seed Farmer’s Market. Thursdays after 4th of July. From June 4 to August 6, the Friends of Q River park (5-7 pm at park) will have work sessions, with the help of Q University students this year. FQRP are looking for recreation event planner, musicians, etc. contact Tom.
Interested in any of these activities contact Lee Cruz
Police\Safety & Traffic– Darcia Siclari, FH District Manager (203-668-2218). Dirtbike recurring problem. Give the address of storage to police.
- Finance Report- Laura\Lee
- Web presence report: website changes and outreach – Lee
- Other announcements