April 20, 2016 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Melissa W, Nathalie B, Diane P, Robert R, Sally E, Brenda B, Richard P, Sgt Maio, lee C, Mark D, Tim B, Pat Bissell, Debbie Powell, MaryAnn M, Marian L, Leslie F, Santiago BB, David H.
- Police\Safety: Police District Sgt. Anthony Maio 203.676.8661: reporting real progress on general safety. More police officers have been assigned to Fair Haven. More arrests and police presence on the streets.
- Traffic calming – next steps for Clinton Ave project. Invitation sent to Doug Hausladen for follow up meeting with the group
- Urban Trail Update– Kathleen\Lee: Map is about to be printed to place at various locations in the community. Exciting times.
- Other health activities: Alycia Santilli: May 7: 9:30-1pm: City wide meeting about health Re. CARE survey. See posting on CSNA website. Sandra at the FHPL applying to a grant from CARE for increasing walking/running awareness in the neighborhood – purchase of sneakers. Farmers market coming up in July, at Q river park.
Interested in working on health issues contact Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development Christel Manning
- Riverfest 2016: Join us MAY 1 from 11-4pm. See sponsorships, new activities, new participants, dancing, Native American representations, beer tasting, local artists. See website.
+ Volunteers needed for set up on Saturday April 30th 10 am @ Marina
- Report on Parks & Public Spaces Clean up: April 9 with QU students was a success. Clean up of Dover beach on Sunday April 24th organized by Pat Bissell.
- Proposed Grocery Store at corner of Lombard & Downing Streets: Wilson’s food market). If interested, please sign up to the new group created on the CSNA website.
- Other Eco. & Community Development activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth, Children & Families– Mary Ann\Sally
- Homework Club at Q Terrace: Mostly getting the garden ready with students from the school and teachers. Exciting time for everyone. 6 more beds have been added, build by the NH land trust, providing more food for the community.
- Report on Easter\Spring Party at Chatham Square Park: March 26: great success.
- Other Youth, Children & Families activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Mary Ann at email@example.com
- Strong School building Project (SPACe) (Lee)
Interested in SPACe contact Lee Cruz – (203-668-7074)
- Yale Latino Students tour neighborhood
- Finance Report- Treasurer-Sally Costs reported afor retreats, Spring event and upcoming Riverfest. But also income from sponsorship grant, in-kind and check donations.
- Web site: – website coordinator- Lee
- Any other recent past activities\events report:
- FH Family Stroll & Festival at Quinnipiac River Park, 10-2pm April 30
- Mary Wade Wine Dinner 5:30-9pm Sat. April 30
- Riverfest 11-4pm May 1 at Quinnipiac Marina: www.QuiinipiacRiverfest.com
- Mary Wade Fair Haven Community Parade 10:30-1pm Friday May 27
- Fair Haven Popup Festival 12-7pm Mon. May 30 Memorial Day at Grand Ave. and Blatchley.
2016 meetings schedule & facilitators: facilitators still needed for July - November
May 18– Sally June 15– Christel July 20- August 17–
September 21- October 19 - November 16 -