August 17, 2016 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Present: lee, George, Diane, Mariam, Robert R, John (Library), Tim, Mark, MaryAnn, Kathleen, Rich, Branda, David H, Susan O’, Nathalie
- Police\Safety: Police District Sgt. Anthony Maio 203.676.8661: no report.
- Fire on Downing St. Sunday morning
- Urban Trail & Maps update – Kathleen\Lee
- Other health activities – YNHH walking tours Thursday 5-7:30pm
Interested in working on health issues contact Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development – Christel. Group met Monday August 15
- Harvest Festival at Chatham Square Park – Sally. Needs volunteers (see below for minutes; contact Sally if available to help for set up, clean up and event itself; Tambira confirmed)
- Community Dining Out Night: Tuesday, August 30, 6 – 8 pm, at La Molienda, 113 Grand Ave.
- Other Eco. & Community Dev:
Minutes from last meeting: The Economic Development group met on Monday, August 15, 2016, from 6 – 7 pm at 20 Grand Ave. Present: Christel Manning, Lee Cruz, Nathalie Bonafe, Carol Dsa, Sally Esposito, David Hunter, Kathleen Flynn.
- Fall Harvest Festival: Sept. 24 (rain date Sept. 25). Looks like most of the pieces of this festival are in place. There will definitely be horse/carriage, Kings of Harmony brass band, pizza, popcorn, bread, water, kiddy crafts activities. We may get a second band (Drums not Guns) if budget allows, and there may be a student art show (hosted by Fran). Several items did not come through; there will be no climbing wall, tag sale, biking activities, or community organizations with tables. This will be a low key event. The point persons for the various pieces of the event are as follows. Carol—get stamp for pizza, pickup and supervise pizza, ask Hope for permits. Sally—set up, clean up, signage, bread, water, tables for crafts and bread. Lee—carriage, table for pizza. Maryann—popcorn. Christel—contact Tambira and Natalie Coe as possible MCs, will help Carol w. pizza if available that day.
- Dining Out Night: Tuesday, August 30, 6 – 8 pm, at La Molienda, 113 Grand Ave.
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Youth, Children & Families– Sally
- Homework Club at Q Terrace
- Clinton Ave. School Garden
- Other Youth, Children & Families activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong School building Project (SPACe) – Lee Cruz: creation of a Non-profit. Investors contacted, application to City New RFP in progress.
- RFP status & 501(c)3 filing
Interested in SPACe contact Lee Cruz – (203-668-7074)
- Finance Report- Treasurer-Sally
- Web site: – website coordinator- Lee
- Reports & Announcements:
- Community Soup Night at the Bosson-Heenan’s
- Traffic & Sidewalk Improvements
- Farmers Market at Q River Park every Thursday 3-6pm till Oct 27
- URI Greenspace projects:
- Downing St. area
- Middletown Urban Oasis
- Concert in the Parks, Quinnipiac River Park 5:30pm Wed. 7/27
2016 meetings schedule & facilitators:
September 21- Mark D. October 19 – ________ November 16 – David H.