February 17, 2015 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Andrew Tarutis, Sgr Anthony Maio PD, Robert Robert, Nathalie B. Sally Esposity, Kathleen Flynn, Lee Cruz, Christel Manning, Fran Goekler Morneau, Rich Pizzofennato, Brenda Brown, Kenneth Reveiz, Tim Byrnes, Melissa Waldron, Susan Mitchel, Santiago Berrios-Bones.
- Jan 2016 Retreat report – by Sally: See minutes in blog.
- Police\Safety: Sgt Anthony Maio as of 11/16 (203-676-8661) presented his plan for improving Fair Haven overall safety. From community policing, talking more to residents across the neighborhood, and at CMT meetings, to finding ways to collaborate more effectively with other New Haven City departments and local businesses. The first efforts would be focusing on lighting. To be continued…
- Urban Walking Trail Update– Kathleen\Lee: Had a very productive meeting with the Parks department. They obtained authorization for trail maps to be installed in all Fair Haven neighborhood parks.
- Other health activities: CARE did a city wide survey. And there has been discussion about possible Yale Divinity graduate students leading some new health initiatives in the neighborhood. Stay tuned.
Interested in working on health issues contact Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development Christel Manning:
- Riverfest 2016 Christel: 11-4pm May 1 The group has been focusing essentially on the planning of Riverfest. Music bands, rain date, Native American presence (new), children’s activities, artists (new), food trucks (new). Sgt Maio offered to help with closing of Front street.
- Community Dinning Out nights: Feb. 22 Boathouse Café 6pm
- Chatham Square Park Clean up: Save the date April 9 from 9-11am
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth, Children & Families– Mary Ann\Sally
- Homework Club at Q Terrace: close for winter break, but otherwise going well.
- Easter Egg Hunt: Save the date: March 26th at 1pm
Interested in this work group? Contact Mary Ann
- Announcements\Report back on other activities\events:
- Strong School building Project (SPACe) (Lee): MOU signed and developer/architect team identified. Project to be presented to the city -- Interested in SPACe contact Lee Cruz – (203-668-7074)-
- Finance Report- Treasurer Sally: as of Dec 31, 2015, bal = $8151.75
- Web site: – please keep posting events, info and pictures
- Chatham Square Turkey Trot– a pre-feast fun event on Thanksgiving organized by Kerry brown
- Mary Wade Home Christmas Bazaar Mary Wade Home, Organized by Rosanne Mondrone
- Holiday Tree Lighting and Singing at Quinnipiac River Park organized by Nathalie Bonafe
- Crepe day at Nathalie’s Feb 2nd.
- Other announcements:
- Art exhibit, New ESL program, and Social Media training at the Fair Haven Library branch.
- New play at the Long Wharf Theater. “Having our Say”. See tickets at the library or contact Sally.
- Scholarships available for 5th and 6th grade students at St Martin de Porres Academy. Contact Fran Goekler Morneau at 203-562-6165 for more information.
Next meetings: March 16- facilitator: Mary Ann