July 20, 2016 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Lee C, Kathleen F, Sgt Maio, MaryAnn M, Nathalie B, Leslie F, Mariam L, Sally E, Mark D, Richard, Brandam Timbera, John Library, David C, David H, George M.
- Update: Traffic & Sidewalk Improvements- Lee Cruz: Sidewalks being redone around. City is looking at design for lights on demand. Push button for light. Nathalie got the city to repaint a few pedestrian crossing at Front and Grand up to Clinton.
- Urban Trail & Maps update – Kathleen\Lee: all maps are installed. KF sent a Thank you note to Parks dept.
- Other health activities
Interested in working on health issues contact Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development – Lee Cruz
- Parks & Public Spaces (see below under announcements)
- Community Soup Night: Joan & Patrick’s, 149 Clinton Av, July 24, 5-7pm
- Other Eco. & Community Dev:
- Harvest Festival at Chatham Square Park – Sally Esposito. New festival combo, renamed and moved to a later date: September 24 at Chatham Square park. There will be music (no stage needed, saving $), Horse carriage, art activities, bike helmets? Farm animals?
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Strong School building Project (SPACe) – Lee Cruz: Lee, Don (Harvey) and Christel will be meeting with developers. More discussions with the City.
Interested in SPACe contact Lee Cruz – (203-668-7074)
- Youth, Children & Families– Mary Ann\Sally
- Homework Club at Q Terrace: not active at this time
- Clinton Ave. School Garden: going strong, lots of food being grown. 30 + families going there to get food. Garden going strong at the library as well. Mark Duda helping with communication with the Land Trust, in addition to the work!
- Other Youth, Children & Families activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police\Safety: Police District Sgt. Anthony Maio 203.676.8661: presentation of statistics for Fair Haven district 8 (comparison report). Sheet available upon request (Secretary, Nathalie). Main points were that violent crimes are down, with property crimes about the same as last year. 40 extra hours per week were given to Fair Haven under the anti-violence campaign and an additional 16h a week under robbery help campaign. Noise is starting to be addressed, with warnings given to vehicle owners/drivers displaying loud music or mufflers (form of a card).
- Sgt Maio spoke of police failure to understand and have the ability to de-escalate a crisis. They need training in crisis-intervention management but lack of funding. He spoke of the problem from the Police perspective.
- Announcements & Reports:
- Farmers Market at Q River Park every Thursday 3-6pm, Jul 7 – Oct 27
- Concert in the Parks, Quinnipiac River Park 5:30pm Wed. 7/27
- Marywade has a volunteer coordinator Linda - get on touch if interested.
- URI Greenspace projects:
- Downing St. area 6-7pm every Friday
- Middletown bridge Urban Oasis: Saturday afternoons, time:
- Finance Report- Treasurer-Sally: Sally has been working on report. To date (10 years), CSNA has had ~36k in sponsorship and ~30k in spending. Details will be provided in the final report.
- Community Breakfast Out event- Lee
- 4th of July gathering
- Web site: – website coordinator- Lee
2016 meetings schedule & facilitators:
August 17– George M. September 21- Mark D. October 19 – ________ November 16 – David H.
9 – ________ November 16 – David H.