MINUTES June 21, 2017 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: presents, were: Nathalie B, Susan OL, Sgt Renee Dominguez, Marian L, George M, David H, Lee C, Margaret D, Robert R, Sally E, Chandra R, Jacqueline M, Shirley C, Drew Goldman, Leslie F, Kirk Morrison (New FH librarian), Kyle Litscher, Mary-Ann M, Clymenza H, Mark and Arlene D.
- Finance Report – Sally. Balance $9924.99 including grant for yoga and Strong School mural donations.
- Health & Wellness: MaryAnn
- Urban Trail Update – Kathleen\Lee: Mock-up of the new card were presented and Lee asked for feedback.
- Community gardens – Maryann\Sally: 21 Gardeners at Grand Acres - Clinton ave producing a ton of food (everyone is welcome to go pick up fresh veggies) –English street garden and Peck street are incubator gardens, Library garden growing nicely. Come down to the Clinton avenue garden if you want plants of tomatoes and peppers.
- Other health\wellness activities:
Interested in working on health\wellness issues contact Mary Ann firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development: Christel Manning
- Riverfest 2017 Report Christel\Lee
- Note: Volunteers needed for next May 19 2018!!
- Community Soup Night: at Natalie Coe’s house 35 Downing St. July 2nd 6-8pm
- Fall Festival: volunteers ready, coordinator needed 9/9/17 1-4pm (rain date 9/10/17. Susan OLeary volunteered!
- Other Eco. & Community Development activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Fair Haven Community Management Team Report- Sally
- Website report: Lee
- Old Business & Reports:
- Mary Wade Home Parade was a success with >800 people who attended
- Intro to Rowing" Programs for Kids, June – August Quinnipiac Marina
- Schooner Coastal Exploration and Sailing Camp for kids, June – August
- Strong School Mural Project - Lee
- Contributions: FHCMT $918 Crowd Source Funding $!037 Other donations Community contributions $1250 ($1000 fr. FH Pharmacy) including local residents and St. Rep. Al Paiollilo
- Community mural planning meeting 5:30pm July 5 location: Arte @ 19 Grand Ave.
- Mural painting Sat. & Sun. July 8&9 from 9am-5pm
- New Business & Activity Reports
- Strong School building, City meeting with developer – Ask Sally.
- Police\Safety: Renee Dominguez 203.887.0618/NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316
Overall property crime has been slightly up, with one arrest made. Violent crime is down, with no gun shots reported, so shooting since last January.
Sgt Dominguez made a formal announcement that she is been promoted to Lt (Congratulations, we are so happy for you!!!!). Unfortunately for our community, it means that she will be transferred in the fall. To help with questions our community might have, Sgt Dominguez will ask the Assistant Police Chief. Lt. Tony Reyes, to come to our next CSNA community.
- Announcements: most events are posted on our website
- URI offering Free curb strip trees, watering required: www.yalef.es/treerequest
- Library Fair Haven branch has a new librarian. Stay tuned.
- Fair Haven farmers’ market starting Thursday July 6th 3-6pm until October
2017 meetings schedule & facilitators:
July 19- MaryAnn M. Aug. 16– Mark D.
Sept. 20- Kathleen F. Oct.18 - Nov. 16 - Dec.20 – Potluck\no meeting