May 17, 2016 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Mark D, Nathalie B, Marian H, MaryAnn M, Sally E, Gilbert Avery, Brenda B, Rich P, Lee Cruz, Mike Fumiatti (NHPD) Lou Decriencenzo (NHPD), George M, Sierra-marie Gerfao, Margaret D.
- Finance Report- Sally: Grant money for the Yoga program has been received and partially distributed. Funds raised for Riverfest have also started to come in. Total: $10636.96.
- Health & Wellness
- Urban Trail Update – presence at the family stroll.
- Community gardens – Maryann: all gardens are doing well. There is an event/tour of the green house Tuesday 4pm at the Grand Acres community garden.
- Other health activities:
Interested in working on health issues contact Mary Ann email@example.com or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development Christel Manning
- Riverfest 2017 Christel: This Saturday: May 20, rain date May 21 Please share the website: www.QuinnipiacRiverfest.com via email and social media. Volunteers needed Sat. needed morning
- Other Eco. & Community Development activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Business & Activity Reports
- We are looking for a new Secretary of CSNA. CAll Lee is interested.
- Strong School building, possible mural project.
- Announcements: most events are posted on our website
- Mary Wade Home Parade: 10:30-noon this Friday 5/19 Chatham Square Park
- Riverfest 11-4pm Saturday 5/20 Quinnipiac Marina
- Calling all artists! Annual for Columbus School Art Day on May 24. Looking for volunteers who can design and lead an activity for kids in: visual arts, music, dance, drama, writing, photography etc. Activities can be aimed at a specific age group(s) or mixed ages between K and 8th graders.
- Festival Arts and Ideas Fair Haven Pop-up, Columbus school 2-8pm 6/3
- Mural project on plywood placed on Strong building 6/3 & 4
- "Intro to Rowing" Programs for Kids, June – August Quinnipiac River Marina Two scholarships (valued at $575 each) are available for Chatham Square area kids to attend week-long CDBi rowing programs this summer.
- Schooner Coastal Exploration and Sailing Camp for kids, June – August
- URI offering Free curb strip trees, watering required: www.yalef.es/treerequest
- Police\Safety: Renee Dominguez 203.887.0618. Mike Fumiatti (NHPD) Lou Decriencenzo (NHPD): numbers still down with report of an arrest made for burglaries. Federal grants awarded to support night shifts. Always feel free to text or call Sgt Dominguez to report or discuss problems. The dirt bikes are down: it’s really important to try to convey to the mayor that more general approaches need to be looked into, as the problem is not only city-wide, but state-wide and the Police can’t chase them. Start toking to your alderman.
2017 meetings schedule & facilitators:
June 21– Tim B. July 19- MaryAnn M. Aug. 16– Mark D.
Sept. 20- Kathleen F. Oct.18 - Nov. 16 - Dec.20