November, 16 2016 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Nathalie B, John R, Lee C, Tim B, Mark D, Susan R, Sally E, Kathleen F, Richard P, Brenda B, Marian L, Lt A. Maio, George M, Leslie F, David C, David H.
- Health & Community Gardening
- Community and School Gardens: Mary Ann\Sally: Still some greens growing at Clinton Garden. Green tomatoes were distributed. Thank you. New heated green house will be installed soon at Grand Acres.
- Urban Trail & Maps update – Kathleen\Lee: Working on a flyer with map to be printed and distributed. Anyone interested in developing a cookbook project, see Kathleen.
Interested in working on health issues contact Lee (203-668-7074) or MaryAnn at email@example.com
- Economic & Community Development – Christel – meeting Monday 11/21
- Planning for Riverfest 2017 to begin in January
- Clean up playground behind Strong school building: Thank you Mark D.! It looks great!
- Turkey Trot, community walk around Chatham Park on the morning after Thanks Giving: Kerry Morrison: 11/25 10-11:30am. We are calling for volunteers to manage the event, please contact Lee.
- Community Soup Night: Don & Nathalie 29 Grand Ave. – 12/4, 5-7pm Come with your bowl and appetite. Bring your musical instrument.
- Community Tree Lighting\Singing at Quinnipiac Park, proposed date: 12/10 5-7pm: Nathalie: currently working with the City of NH on the permit and securing the parameter (after sea wall collapsed at that location). Looking for a Santa!! Anyone interested, contact Nath 203-815-5743.
- Other Eco. & Community Dev:
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong School building – Lee Cruz: Will be discussed in more details at Econ dev meeting Monday Nov 21 at 6pm.
- Finance Report- Treasurer-Sally
- Change starting in January: John Roberts will become our new treasurer. Thanks for stepping up. Thank you Sally E for your year of service and your hard work organizing csna finances.
- Web site: – website coordinator- Lee: website has been fixed. Thank you Lee.
- Mary Wade Home Christmas Bazaar (Fundraiser): Dec 1 and 2. 9am-4pm.
- January retreat January 21, 2017: Collaboratory model will be adopted. Looking forward to brain storming on how to make our community even better!
- Dining Out Night at Grand Apizza: was really nice, as always :)
- City Librarian Listening Session, let our City Librarian know what you need from city libraries Monday, 11/21, 5-6pm Fair Haven branch 182 Grand Ave.
- Police\Safety: Police District Sgt. Anthony Maio 203.676.8661: No major changes are expected in Fair Haven Police district. Crime is still decreasing, thanks to the current team. There has been a push for more community policing, walking patrols, community involvement, better lighting.
GREAT COLLABORATIVE COMMUNITY EVENT @ ATWATER SENIOR CENTER Monday Nov 21 with their Thanksgiving Dinner.
2016 meetings schedule & facilitators:
December: End of year potluck dinner
Please save the date for Annual Planning Retreat January 21, 10-2pm, Snow date: Jan. 28