September 21, 2016 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Participants: Nathalie B, Lee C, Mark D, Tim B, Maryann M, Sally E, Brenda B, Rich P, Susan H, David C, Susan Regan, Diane P, George M, David H, John Roberts, 3 police officers.
- Police\Safety: some positive reports about decrease in violence for the past few months – applying again for special grant to add a couple of police officers in the area, like last year – increase in usage of technology to fight crime a bit slow to show results but positive overall. (contact Police District Sgt Anthony Maio 203.676.8661)
- Urban Trail & Maps update – Kathleen\Lee: postcards describing the trails to distribute in and around town are in the works
- The library (John Roberts) is applying for a grant to foster urban wild life – seeking people interested in being part of the leadership.
Interested in working on health issues contact Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development – Christel\Lee
- Harvest Festival at Chatham Square Park – Sally\Mary Ann\Carrol Happened on Saturday September 24. Report at next meeting.
- Community Soup Night: Sunday Oct 2nd at Beth and Toni Pellegrino's 40 Perkins street from 5-7pm
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth, Children & Families– MaryAnn\Sally
- Clinton Ave. Community\School Garden/other community gardens
Interested in this work group? Contact Mary Ann at email@example.com
- Strong School building Project (SPACe) – Lee Cruz: application was dropped.
- Finance Report- Treasurer-Sally: Positive balance
- Web site: – website coordinator- Lee
- Community Dining out at Molienda Restaurant was fabulous
- Traffic & Sidewalk Improvements: repairs for Chatham park in the works
- Neighborhood walks with YNHH & New Haven Bioregional Grp: ongoing
- Farmers Market at Q River Park every Thursday 3-6pm till Oct 27
- Mary Wade Home Family Fun Concert was another fabulous event.
- Mary Wade to have a city zoning meeting to present their expansion design Scheduled for Oct 18.
- City Mtg. about the Grand Avenue Bridge: Bridge is scheduled to undergo major repairs. Final design to be approved by the end of 2016, work to start by the end of 2018.
- Grand Avenue will be closed for about 4 weeks starting September 26 @ East street (railroad).
2016 meetings schedule & facilitators:
October 19 – John R November 16 – David H.