June19, 2019 ~ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Present: Lauren Bisio, Lee Cruz, Mark Duda, Sally Esposito, Lisa Hottin, David Hunter, Joan, Una and
Sam Heenan, Sarah Lawson, Maria Lumley, Kirk Morrison, Robert Roberts
- Welcome & Introductions – Co-facilitator Joan, Sam Bosson-Heenan
- Finance Report – Lauren B. total of $15, 325.04 in the account, $1,178.10 remains for yoga at Columbus School leaving $14,146.94 unrestricted. This does not include Riverfest income and expenses submitted earlier in the month
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at email@example.com or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Urban Trail Update – video update: 7 minute video being produced. Promoting idea of trails for other neighborhoods. Will submit to Am. Pub. Health Assoc. Conference in a Community Health category competition.
- Community gardens and Greenspace projects– Maryann, Mark. Vegetables available for the public. All are welcome to pick all except the garlic. Pumpkins will be in later.
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact Christel
- Report on Community Dining Out Night – J&J Dominican Restaurant at Poplar & Grand. 18 people. Sally recommends the buffet.
- Mary Wade Home Parade had 1,000 people. Costs $4100 for the community event. Planned new development for assisted living population. Ground breaking in September. Selling bonds $5,000 and up.
- Community Dining Out Night 6/30 -6-8pm: Grand Acres -NHLT Garden at Grand & Perkins St. Bring bowl, spoon or food/drink donation. Opportunities for youth volunteers. Contact Mark Duda 203 809 5933.
- FH Community Mgt. Team- Sally: July 11, 6pm, Fair Haven Library. fairhavencmt.org
- Library Report – Kirk: Indoor Cook Out 5-7 PM.
- Program with Edgar Miranda-Rodriguez author, "La Borinquena" Saturday 6/22
- Check the schedule for wonderful events scheduled over the summer.
- Website Report: Lee – Patriquin Architects joined and contributed $500.
- Police\Safety: Lt. Mark O’Neill 203.589.1688 /NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316. N/A
- Old Business:
- Friends of Dwight Historic District and proposed demolition of 95 & 97 Howe St.
- Historic District: update 904 Quinnipiac Ave, community impact – Patricia
- New Business:
- Historic District: notifications report. Discussion re: neighborhood needs to have conversation with developers. Motion to support request for a Workshop to be submitted to Tyisha Walker. PK to draft and then will sign. Vote: 7 yes 0 No 2 Abstentions.
- Sally: Proposal to reduce meetings to quarterly. 2nd: Activities no longer necessary for CSNA. Ctee of MT can handle. Finances: separate financial aspects.
- Lee: Discuss how to work with Management Team and phase some CSNA activities into MT.
- For further discussion
- CSNA Grant Fund: Proposal for garden bed in front of church next year. Requested donation of $415.
- R. Logan is working on underpass lighting project budgeted at $12,000 and requests $625.
- Sally: Who is willing to host archives? Lee suggested Library. Will follow up.
- End Hunger program is on the website. Where to get meals this summer. Need to organize to knock on doors. Saturday 9-11 training at Lincoln Bassett School.
- Mary Wade Home Family fun Festival in September. Holiday Bazaar will be open to the public in December. Soliciting artists, crafts people.
- Urban Resources Initiative: Gardens & Greenspaces projects – Groups meet: Dover Beach Park 5 PM Wednesday, Lewis Street Park 5 PM Wednesday and Quinnipiac River park Friday 5 PM. Lauren and Cristal are involved.
- MakeHaven – New Haven’s Maker space. $50 a month membership or go w/ a member.
Save the Dates for these CSNA meetings:
Jul. Margaret D. Aug. facilitator Spt. MaryAnn M Oct. Sue R. Nov. facilitator needed Dec. Holiday Potluck Dinnen