September 19, 2018 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Facilitator: Susan Regan
Present: Fereshteh Bekhrad, Lauren Biso, Lee Cruz, Mark Duda, Sally Esposito,
Kathleen Flynn, David Hunter, Patricia Kane, Marian Lemley,, , Mary Ann Moran, Kirk Morrison,
George Morrison, Rob Roberts, Lt. David Zanelli
- Welcome & Introductions
- Monthly Report – Lauren B. check to Management Team $950. $9,764. Balance.
- Process for deciding on spending funds we raise and priorities for distribution – Lee will follow up with group to develop Guidelines.
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Urban Trail Update – Large Posters available for local school, clinic & outside map for Mary Wade Home
- Community gardens and Greenspace projects– Mary Ann/Mark. Vegetables and raspberries in season.
- Hole in greenhouse.
- Food Policy Council – Kathleen F. City's new food system person is on board. Bike Share ads were of concern near school locations. Some ads changed.
- African Bean Pie for sale in various locations.
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Riverfest: Planning. No report
- Strong School building\Grand Avenue planning, Report meeting. 6pm 9/27 at ATWATER SENIOR CENTER.
- Community Soup Night at New Haven Farms: 35+ attended. Kimberly recognized.
- Econ Development Ctee at NH Chamber of Commerce . New head to tour Grand Avenue.
- FH Community Mgt. Team Report-
- Next meeting 6pm October 4 FH Police Substation 295 Blatchley; minutes and other information available on their website: fairhavencmt.org
- FHCMT Festival Report. Extreme weather. $950 donation: request it be for Thanksgiving Dinner at Atwater Senior Center. Discussion. Lee suggested $200. Vote. Most in favor. No objections. 2 abstentions. Approved.
- Upcoming Fair Haven Community Management Team elections. Announcement from David Weinreb that he plans to run for Co-Chair.
- Library Activity Report – Kirk reported on October events.
* Website report: Lee – Support our contributors, website content available in multiple languages. Ongoing recruitment. 460 members.
- Zannelli 203.726.2899/NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316.
- Moving to I A. from District Manager. Crime stats show decrease. Fewer officers.
- District Police Manager change out: concerns and letter to Mayor Harp et al.distributed by Sally Esposito.
- Discussion re: need for continuity of service and institutionalizing the process because of community effort in training. Unanimous vote in support and 2 persons signed.
- Old Business:
- New Haven Historic Commission Public Hearing, Heights on the River development report by Fereshteh B. Public comments and concerns followed developer's presentation. Final details to be determined. Received a Conditional Certificate of Appropriateness, so they have to return.
- Mary Wade Family Fun Concert, report. Mary Ann received a Special Award.
- New Business
- Decide on Restaurant for next Community Dining Out Night: Next Door is nearby. Closed Tuesday.
- October 1, Monday. 6-8 PM.
- PK has bike helmets to distribute. David Weinrib.
- Announcements: updates and more info on ChathamSquare.ning.com
- Waucoma Yacht Club is offering a budget social membership. See details on our website blog page
- Bregamos Theater: Pegao - A bilingual performance reading. Written by Cin Martinez 6pm & 8pm on 9/29
- Additional activities and event info & updates on our website.
Adjourned 7:42 PM
Save the Dates for the rest of our 2018 Meetings:
Oct. 17 Sally E.
Nov. 21 Marion L.