Fair Haven Community Health Center (FHCHC) is a not-for-profit primary health care organization that has been dedicated to serving the greater Fair Haven Community since 1971. We provide comprehensive health care – from prenatal to pediatric, adolescent to adult and geriatric. Our mission is to provide excellent, accessible health care to the residents of our community, regardless of their ability to pay.
Our social services staff works closely with our clinicians and patients and families to assist them with housing, personal and financial issues. We believe life experiences are inseparable from personal health. Complex interactions in peoples' lives affect their ability to manage the challenges of even simple medical conditions.
Fair Haven Community Health Center is currently hiring a Social Services Case Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses a pleasant manner and professional attitude.
- Works closely with other clinical programs, social service providers and outreach workers in assisting and following up on client referrals, including implementing comprehensive care plans to meet the needs of clients and families
- Fully integrates with other HIV medical team members, other social service providers, psychiatrist and outreach workers
- Assists clients with obtaining federal and state funded programs & services
- Ensures patient confidentiality, and provides patients with needed information
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the Community Health Center to achieve the goal of providing primary health care
- Knowledge and ability to independently carry out assignments, strong knowledge base of medical terminology and procedures
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Previous experience in health care setting, ideally in an outpatient setting
- Skill in communication and a pleasant attitude in order to accept directions, accept constructive criticism and work with all personnel and patients.
2. Technical Qualifications:
- BSW or other professional degree or equivalent experience in counseling and case management.
- Previous experience in health care setting with HIV and AIDS patients preferred
- Must have Connecticut driver’s license and own transportation
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Ability to use computer and telephone
Contact B.Pace at email@example.com or fax resume to (203) 777-8506 attn B.Pace