August 15, 2018 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Attending: K. Acosta, F. Bekhrad, B. Brown, Chair, D. Caron, L. Cruz, S. Esposito,K. Flynn, S. Gerfao, P. Kane, M. Moran, G. Morrison, K. Morrison, M. Lemley, R, Pizzoferrato, Susan Regan, David Weinreb
- Welcome & Introductions
- Finance Report – Lauren: ended FY17-18 with a balance of $10,606.90, and on 7/16/2018 received the anticipated $500 sponsorship from Yale New Haven Hospital for the walking trail postcards. As of July 31, the balance in our account is $10,714.16.
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
Urban Trail Update – East Rock planning to connect with trails here. Lee: Plans to expand trail.
- Growing Entrepreneurs group utilizing teens to call for raking, yard work, etc. could be added to web site. Contacted NH Land Trust
- Community gardens and Greenspace projects– Mary Ann: gardens thriving.
- Food Policy Council – Kathleen
- Economic & Community Dev. Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Riverfest: Planning begins in September
- Strong School building\Grand Avenue planning, Planning 9/5 report tonight
- Fall Festival collaboration with Fair Haven Community Management Team Festival, Mary Ann: Thursday 9/6 at 5:30pm. CSNA will donate $950 to provide the horse drawn carriage.
- Community Soup Night: 6-8pm Sunday, 8/26, New Haven Farms Ferry between Peck St. & English St. Plenty of parking on either side Street. Kimberly: one vegan, one vegetarian choice.
- Other Econ & Community Development activities:
- FH Community Mgt. Team Report- Next meeting 6pm October 4 FH Police Substation behind Columbus School ; minutes available on website: fairhavencmt.org
- Library Activity Report – Kirk. Garden producing huge amounts of produce. Thurs 4-5 PM pick up.
- Coding programs returns in Sept. Drop Mix program for music premiers in Sept. Library partnering with FH Community Health to meet and give info to residents. Sleep program planned after clocks go back. Want to do social events that involve food at community request.
- Website report: Lee –. 465 people on the site. Good place for posting services, properties, etc.
See link to Management Team website.
- Police\Safety: LT. Zanelli726.2899/NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316. Sex worker activity increase at Ferry. Installed lights. Activity on Front because of policing on Ferry. Remember to lock windows. Enforcement, offer of help. Summer anti-violence initiative. Midnight to 4 AM. 3 days a week. Focusing on Front to Ferry and Chatham. Crime stats show crime down. Substation Picnic 9/6 seeking volunteers and donations. Waiting for final installation of blue lights.
- Old Business & Reports:
- Community Dining Out Night – Buen Gusto Restaurant on Grand Avenue. 25 people attended
- URI Greenspace workgroups end: Q River Park, Lewis St. Park & Middletown entrance
- Grandparents Day event at Dover Beach Park.
- NHR Heights Development Project: Sept. 12 it will be before the Historic District Commission , 2nd floor, City Hall at 7 PM. Updates to follow
* New Business:
Granting of permission to the Mary Wade Home – approved use of our community walking trail map.
Fair Haven Farmer's Market 3-6pm Thurs. until 10/25 – Quinnipiac River Park. Double $ on EBT
- Report out results of "Our Vision for the Strong School District" 6-8pm 9/5 location to be determined
Clifton at Quinnipiac Coaltiion Report : Garden installation is finished. City and State have made plans for the area, but no official announcements yet. Goal is still recreational access and a place for community activities.
Rich: Bregamos theater now has air conditioning.
Save the Dates for the rest of our 2018 Meetings:
Sept. 19 Susan Oct. 17 Sam B.H. Nov. 21 Marion L. Dec. Potluck
Adjourned 7:05 PM