July17, 2019 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Sally Esposito, Facilitator
Lauren Bisio with Margo, Isaiah Cooper, Lee Cruz, Leslie Flowers, Lisa Hottin, Patricia Kane, Marian Lemley, Mary Ann Moran, Kirk Morrison, Robert Roberts Helene Sapadin
- Welcome & Introductions and 1:1s – Facilitator Sally Esposito
- Police\Safety: Lt. Mark O’Neill 203.589.1688 /NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316
- Finance Report – Lauren B. YNHH donation of $1M towards video. Paid Riverfest expenses and deposited receipts. $15,192.00 = Current balance
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Community gardens and Greenspace projects– Maryann. Gardens functioning at a high level. Students participating 2 days a week. Vegetables available at Clinton Ave., Mark
- Urban Trail Update – Lee: Documentary Video World Premier at the meeting. 7 min. FH Community Health Ctr., 374 Grand Ave. 7/30/19 Tuesday night El Buen Gusto for community dining, then to health cenertr for video preview.
- Other health\wellness activities
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact Christel
- Report on Community Soup Night at the NHLT garden with City Seed. Mary Ann: 25-30 people.
- Mary Wade Home invitation to collaborate on outreach to businesses on Grad Ave.
- Community Dining Out Night - 6-8pm Tue. July 30 Buen Gusto Restaurant (proposed)
- Other Econ & Community Development activities: Proposed Mary Wade Home collaboration to reach out to businesses on Grand Avenue. Lee – addition of 84 housing units will generate need for new businesses. Trying to get services into Mary Wade.
- FH Community Mgt. Team- Meeting 6pm, 1st of Aug., Fair Haven Library: fairhavencmt.org
- Library Report – Kirk:
- program highlights. Summer reading program going well. Flyer for entertainment. 7/20 11 AM Steve Corning High Energy Variety show.
- Partnership w/ YNHH and St. Raphael's: newborns will start with a library card.
- Old Business:
- PK report on FDHD, Rev. Beman and success in Hartford.
- Discussion re: old English station demolition and risk of contamination.
- Continue discussion about organizational reorganizing. Review of practices and successes.
- What is our purpose?
- What activities are we doing and why?
- Riverfest, Halloween, Dining Out, Website, Walking Tours, Funding of local activities (library, Mary Wade parade).
- How much meeting time is needed and when to reach our objectives?
Lee: a proposal for discussion in depth next month re: proposed options for change
Sally: keep discussion on the Agenda. Marian Lemly will be facilitator in August.
- New Business:
- How can we best help each other and Fair Haven to be safe and to prosper
- How do we engage the broader community, in the traditional CSNA area, in Fair Haven?
- What is our timetable for changes in how we operate?
- Announcements: Event info & updates: ChathamSquare.ning.com
- Mary Wade Home – bond approved $43 million. Ground breaking in September.
- 9/15 Family Fun Night. Holiday Bazaar 12/6, 7 with vendors invited
- Urban Resources Initiative: Gardens & Greenspaces projects/ at Dover Beach
- Thurs 3-6 Farmer's Market
- Walk with a Doc being planned.
- Community Dinning out Night
Save the Dates for these CSNA meetings:
Aug. Marian Lemley Sept. MaryAnn M Oct. Sue R.
Nov. facilitator needed Holiday Potluck Dinner