March 20, 2019 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Present: Facilitator Beth Pelllegrino, S. Esposito, M. Lemley, M. Moran, L. Bisio, P. Kane, L. Cruz, K. Morrison
- Finance Report – Lauren B. 2 payments paid. $13,700.00 balance. Lauren to request invoice from United Way for Yale Service Fellows payment (donation by Lee).
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Urban Trail Update – no news
- Community gardens and Greenspace projects– Maryann, Mark
April 6 gardens open. 10-2. Community invited.
- Junta/CT Food Bank Mobile Pantry, 14 volunteers this past Sat. 200-250 people showed up. 3rd Saturday of every month. Sign up at Junta to volunteer. 10-12 usually needed.
- Other health\wellness activities: City Food Policy Committee
- B. 245 AN ACT PROHIBITING HUNTING ALONG THE QUINNIPIAC RIVER IN NEW HAVEN-Sally. Bill proposed by Looney & Paolillo. Bill is out of Committee. Sally will draft a letter from CSNA to support the bill and for Management Team to support.
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Riverfest: 5/18, Rain date 5/19, volunteers needed, check events calendar for meetings.
- Space for 6 businesses to rent table.
- Community Soup Night: home of JR Logan, 22 people, recruited Henry’s on E. Pearl for Apr. 28
- Other Econ & Community Development activities: criteria for Strong School are on website.
- FH Community Mgt. Team Report- Next meeting 6pm April 4, NEW location: Fair Haven Library minutes and other information available on: fairhavencmt.org
- Library Activity Report – Kirk
- 4-6 at 12 PM Film "The Village" by Steve Hamm re: Wooster Square history with discussion following.
- 4-30 at 4 PM Gaming with Virtual Reality. Gear for kids!
- 6-22 at 11 AM Report on program with Edguardo Miranda-Rodriguez author of Puerto Rican heroine "La Borinquena" comics/graphic novels. link to his website: https://www.la-borinquena.com/. Requested $100 donation from CSNA. Unanimously approved.
- Website report: Lee – Support our contributors, website content available in multiple languages.
Patriquin Architects will be joining
- Police\Safety: Lt. Mark O’Neill 203.589.1688 /NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316
(Fresh from a chase!! ) Uptick in residential and commercial burglaries last month. 2 suspects.
Explained "suppression force" is 2 officers actively seeking violations.
- re: change of Chief and effect on FH. None expected. Losing one Asst. Chief? Lost 2-3 Captain and gained 5 sergeants. Meanore supervision on the street. Warning re: tax scams .IRS never requests SS# over the phone. Report to NHPD. Same w/ utilities. And NO shut off w/ 1 phone call.
- Old Business:
- Retreat Report:
- Community philanthropy. Need for criteria for requesting a grant. Must have impact on Fair Haven.
- What have we learned? What does success look like? How do we get there?
- How does it build and/ or sustain community? Event in public spaces or open to community preferred. Contact Beth Pellegrino
- New Business
- Announcements: updates and more info on ChathamSquare.ning.com
- Patricia - $25 million Renovation of the Grand Avenue Bridge will start next Fall. Ranked Choice Voting will be used to select the lighting design and color. Awaiting color choices and lighting designs to set up displays in Grand Apizza and Grand Vin where voting ballots will be available, likely in May, for the entire month..
- Need to support Ben at Grand Vin. There is precedent for City paying businesses disrupted by public projects. Public support on this may be needed if the City fails to offer some subsidy..
- Multiple FREE activities for adults and children at the Fair Haven Library
- FREE Swimming every Wed. 5-8pm, John Martinez School
- Atwater Senior Center offering sewing classes.
- Next Community Dining Out Night: 6-8pm, Tuesday, April 2, Boathouse Café
- Next Community Soup Night 4-7pm, Sunday April 28, Henry’s, 77 E. Pearl St.
- Support Groups at the Mary Wade Home, check CSNA website for topic, date and time
- Additional activities and event info & updates on our website.
Save the Dates for these CSNA meetings:
Apr. Fereshteh B. May David W. Jun. Joan B.H. Jul. Margaret D. Aug. facilitator
Spt. MaryAnn M Oct. Sue R. Nov. facilitator Dec. Holiday Potluck Dinner