April 18, 2018 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Present: Fereshteh Bekhrad, Lauren Bisio, Lee Cruz, Mark Duda, Sally Esposito, David Hunter (facilitator), Patricia Kane, Lynne Knowles, Maria Lemley, Mary Ann Moran, Kirk Morrison, Susan Regan
Welcome & Introductions and 1:1s - One thing you would like to see & one thing you would like to see disappear on Grand Avenue. (Coffee to see. Trash to disappear. Q R Park sinking into river.
Repair sea wall. Grand Ave. Bridge needs repair. People ignore no turn on red at Front St. security for elderly and soft furniture)
- Finance Report – Lauren B. United Way balance is $14,773.
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at email@example.com or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Urban Trail Update – Lee update
- Community gardens – Mary Ann M: Successful opening of 2 gardens
- Library 4 PM event next week. Land Trust to bring a pear tree. Mark D: Grand Acres: 21 beds. 20 ready to plant.
- Food Policy Council – Mark D: concern w/ food quality.
- Other health\wellness activities:
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org; Next meeting: 6pm Mon, April 23 at the QR Marina
- Atwater Sr. Center, 26 Atwater Street
- Community Soup Night: Home of Susan Regan, 47 Downing Sunday 6-8pm, April 29
- Planning for Riverfest 2018 underway, 100% funded, need volunteers.
- Other Econ & Community Development activities:
- FH Community Mgt. Team Report- Sally E: next meeting 6pm May 3 FH Police Substation at 295 Blachley Ave.; minutes available on website: fairhavencmt.org . Discussion re: working w. the Fair Haven Mgmt Team on a joint Fall Event.
- Library Report – Kirk M: planning session for summer programs on Wednesday. Partnering w/ Junta, City Seed on ongoing health work shops. 1st Thurs in May will start. Working w/ Collab for series of programs on 5/24 on entrepreneurship focusing on immigrants.
- NOTE: Library also offers free passes (for 2) to events like Crowns, at both Long Wharf and Yale Rep.
- Website report: Lee – Welcome again NHR Group, also Real Living Realtors & Denali
Police\Safety: LT. Zanelli 203.726.2899/NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316 - No report
- Old Business & Reports:
- Past events report: Spring Festival, Lewis St. and Criscuolo Park clean ups
- New Business
- Fereshteh: time for river activities.
- David: small plot of land back of Junta near church.
- Strong School District: Grand Ave. Community Planning Mtg. 1-4pm, Sunday April 22
- Announcements: updates and more info on www.ChathamSquare.ning.com
- Quinnipiac River Cleanup Dover Beach Park 9-11am April 21
- electronics recycling on May 5 from 9-1Celentano School, Canner St.,
- May 5, 10-2pm Fair Haven Family Stroll and Festival at Q River Park
- May 19, 11-4pm, Quinnipiac Riverfest at the Quinnipiac Marina
- Saturday, April 21, Clifton St. Canoe Ramp Earth Day Celebration 10-1
More activities and event, updates on our website: www.ChathamSquare.ning.com
Save the Dates for the rest of our 2018 Meetings:
May 16: Mark D. June 20: George M. July 18: Brenda B. August 15: Mary Ann M.
Sept. 19 Susan Oct. 17 Sam B.H. Nov. 21 Marion L. Dec. Potluck
Adjourned 7:10 PM