MINUTES OF THE CHATHAM SQUARE NEIGHBORHOOD ...
February 21 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
*Welcome & Introductions and 1:1s What are you looking forward to in 2018?
Present: David Hunter, Rob Roberts, Susan Regan, Mark Duda, Mary Ann Moran, George Morrison, Fereshteh Bekhrad, Patricia Kane, Sally Esposito, Kathy Flynn, Lauren Bisio, Lee Cruz
* Finance Report – Sally. $7,840.16 currently in the account. Grand Apizza contribution of $300** Health & Wellness:
* Urban Trail Update – Kathleen\Lee fundraising update.
* The Fair Haven Urban Walking Trails: created in collaboration between CSNA, CARE at Southern Connecticut State University (formerly at Yale School of Public Health) the City Department of Transportation and the City Department of Parks, Recreation and Trees.
* Mary Wade Home, YNHH & the Fair Haven Community Health Center have committed to funding a trail map post card. We are still waiting from a couple of potential funders. Ms. Fereshteh B. offered to help on this project.
- 2 versions of the card will be printed one for children focusing on local flora and Fauna and a second with “reasons to walking” for adults.
- The trail map is downloadable from the Chatham Square website.
* Community gardens – Maryann\Mark. Planting begins in March\April.
* Food Policy Council – Kathleen
- We were reminded of the high level of food insecurity in our neighborhood.
- A food pantry is near completion at the Police Sub-station .
- Mark will cover this temporarily as Kathleen is will miss March, April meetings of the Food Policy Council.
- Other health\wellness activities:
- Interested in working on health\wellness issues?
Contact Mary Ann at email@example.com or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Dev.: Next meeting: 6pm Mon, Feb26 at the QR Marina
- Old Strong School: Community Update Tues, Feb27, 6pm at River Run Apartments 50 Grand Ave. Planning for a charette (community vision planning)
- Community Soup Night: Sunday February 25, 5-7 Pellegrino’s 40 Perkins St.
- Spring Festival: Sally\MaryAnn, Chatham Square Park, 3/31 1-4pm, co-sponsor NHLT. Fereshteh contributing Persian food.
- Planning for Riverfest 2018 underway, could use help with planning. Spring Festival: Sally/ Maryann, Chatham Sq. Park, March 31, 1-4 PM.
- New Haven Land Trust is the co-sponsor.
- Other Econ & Community Development activities:
Interested in this work group?
Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FH Community Mgt. Report- Sally: meeting 6pm 3/1 FH Police Substation
- Library Report – Kirk
- Website report: Lee. Thank sponsors by patronizing their businesses.
- Police\Safety: LT. Zanelli 203.726.2899/NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316
- Dispelled recent rumors of a serial killer. There was one homicide and a suicide.
- Report on a Downing St. fire in an empty building and stressed calling in reports promptly
- Reported on the safe removal of a distressed man on the bridge.
- Report on sex workers and dirt bikes.
* Old Business & Reports:
- Last community dinning out, Grand Apizza
- Turkey Trot
- Pot luck dinner
- New Business
- 2018 Annual Planning Retreat, Report back and commitments
- Visit website for updates and any changes
Save the Dates for our 2018 Meetings:
March 21: Sally E. April 18: David H. May 16: Mary Ann M. June 20: George M.
July 18: Brenda B. August 15: Mark D. Sept. 19 Susan Oct. 17 Sam B.H. Nov. 21 Marion L.
Dec. Holiday Potluck