July 18, 2018 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Moderator: Mary Ann Moran.
- Acosta, F. Bekhrad, Loren Bisio, D. Caron, M. Duda, S. Esposito, K. Flynn, R Hirschman, P. Kane, M. Lumley, G. Morrison, K. Morrison, R. Roberts, H. Schapiro, MD, K. Quinlen, ,
- Finance Report – Lauren. No change
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at email@example.com or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Urban Trail Update – Lee:. LEAP tour was held. Distribution to realtors, businesses, library.
- Community gardens and Greenspace projects– Mark. Mary Ann on Community Garden and its bounty.
- Other health\wellness activities: K. Acosta. Food stand. 9-1 & Wellness Tues/ Thurs.
- Kathleen: Food Policy Council concern re: bike ads. Mobile Market will be in Hill and West Rock. Discussion re: advertising and fit with the community.
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Riverfest: planning will start Jan/Feb.
- Strong School building\Grand Avenue - Planning Community Presentation of Gathered Info 7pm, 7/31 at River Run Apts. Program Room. Will schedule 3rd
- Fall Festival – Sally: collaboration with Fair Haven Community Management Team Festival, Thursday 9/6 at 5:30pm. CSNA will provide the horse drawn carriage.
- FH Community Mgmt. Team Report-Sally: meeting 6pm August 2 FH Police Substation, 295 Blatchley Minutes available on website: fairhavencmt.org
- Library Activity Report – Kirk: part of One City Program. Working w/ Junta, City Seed, etc. re:
Adult health issues. Introduction to Farmer's Market. Super Hero party on 7 19 at 6 PM. With super pizza. 7/28 Animal Embassy program. .Informal Talk with Docs soon for adults. Summer reading program for children.
- Website report: Lee – Support our contributors, website content available in multiple languages
- Old Business:
- Community Soup Night at NHLT Garden on Grand Avenue.
- Community gathering to see the 4th of July fireworks
- Update on Clifton Canoe Ramp & Heights Development project - Patricia.
- New Business
- Announcements: updates and more info on ChathamSquare.ning.com
- Urban Oasis Greenspace 5-7pm Wed. until 8/1 – Middletown Bridge over Front St.
- Fair Haven Farmer's Market 3-6pm Thurs. until 10/25 – Quinnipiac River Park
- Friends of Quinnipiac River Park 5pm to 7pm Thurs. until 8/2 – Q River Park
- GRANDPARENTS' DAY FRIDAY noon-4pm Fri. 7/20 – Dover Beach Park
- Lewis St Park Greenspace 6pm to 8pm Fri until 8/3 – Lewis Street Park
- Community Dining Out Night El Buen Gusto Restaurant, 379 Grand Ave.6-8pm Tues. July 24 Seating at New Haven’s first City Parklet.Everyone is invited.
More activities and event, updates on our website: www.ChathamSquare.ning.com
Save the Dates for the rest of our 2018 Meetings:
August 15: Brenda B.
Sept. 19 Susan
Oct. 17 Sam B.H.
Nov. 21 Marion L.
Adjourn 7:20 PM