THE CHATHAM SQUARE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
March 28, 2018 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Present: Mary Ann Moran, Fereshteh Bekhrad,Mark Duda, Robert Roberts, Lee Cruz,Sally Esposito (facilitator), Mria Lemley, George Morrison, D. Caron, Lt. David Zannelli.
Welcome & Introductions and 1:1s
- Finance Report – Lauren V. (absent)
- Report from United Way Balance of $7840.16 as of 2 2 18. Lee: $9,500 pending request for any reimbursement. There are pledges of $2700 from NHR Properties and Brewery Sq. Apts, and a check for $300 from El Coqui Restaurant for deposit.
- Additional grants and pledges: Yoga grant , Fereshteh Bekhrad, Allan Appel, El Coqui,
Health & Wellness:
- Urban Trail Update – Lee update. Nothing to report. Card will be printed.
- Community gardens – Maryann\ Mark. Gardens 0pen 4/7 10-3 for work or FH Library 4 PM/ Wed. 4 PM Clinton Ave. garden
- Doubled # of students working w/ Land Trust
- Food Policy Council – Mark
- Other health\wellness activities:
Interested in working on health\wellness issues?
Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Dev.: Next meeting: 6pm Mon, April 23 at the Qunnipiac River Marina conference room
- Old Strong School: Grand Ave. Community Planning Mtg. 12-5pm April 4 Atwater Sr. Center: Lee.
- 4/22 12-5 PM at Atwater Sr. Center. Facilitated conversation with Michelle Strong. 70-100 people to state vision from Q. Ave to Atwater St. What is vision for the area? Give plan to Kenneth Reveiz to take to City Hall.
- Community Soup Night: in April, location to be announced . 4/29 location to be determined. Garden site end of June?
- Spring Festival: Sally\MaryAnn, Chatham Square Park, 3/31 1-4pm, co-sponsor NHLT. Need volunteers starting at 11:30.
- Sally will do a budget to assist w/ next year's planning. $500 to date. Donations come in late. 250-275 kids. Bags of candy. Rolls from Chabaso. Crafts, games, cupcakes. Tai Chi demonstration.
- Planning for Riverfest 2018 underway, could use help with planning. Money not a problem. Ideas: mead testing? 5/19 11-4. 20 min. canoe rides. Music Haven? Rain date follow day/Sunday.
- Other Econ & Community Development activities: 4/23 at 6 PM at Q. River Marina
Interested in this work group?
Contact Christel at email@example.com
- FH Community Mgt. Report- Sally: meeting 6pm 3/1 FH Police Substation
- S. brought Minutes. Website for Mgmt Team has Minutes. 4/5 next mtg. at substation.
- Library Activities Report – Kirk. N/A
- Website report: Lee – Welcome El Coqui Restaurant
- Sally: identify event for outsiders at restaurant. Lee has flyer. Instructional video on You Tube showing how to sign up.
- Old Business & Reports:
- Last community dining out, El Coqui Restaurant was well attended.
- Heights on the River Apartment Project : 4/6 Meeting at St. James Church on E. Grand at 6 PM. The developer wants community input on the project.
- Police\Safety: LT. Zanelli 203.726.2899/NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316. Report on 2 recent apprehensions.
- No shootings in 4 months. Uptick on MV thefts and vacant bldg. burglaries. 50 retirements in June. Loitering at bust stops connected to low level crime. May increase distance between stops. Z thinking of drones. E.g. dirt bikes.
- 4-6 at 3:30 PM .Community Walk around the area. Meet & greet about 90 min. coffee in substation afterwards.
- Thanks from Mary Anne to police for a case of eggs donated for the Event on 3/31.
- Q re: loud muffler. Question of allocation of resources.
- Sat. Mar. 31, 1-2:30om (volunteers 11:30am) Spring Festival at Chatham Square Park
- Fri. Apr. 6 Community Meeting on the Heights on River Apartment Project St. James Church, Grand Avenue
- Sun. Apr. 22, 12-5pm Our Vision for Grand Avenue: A Community Planning Process at the Atwater Senior Center
- Sat. May 5, 10-2pm Fair Haven Family Stroll and Festival at Q River Park . Mark will set up a table. Mother's Day.
- Sat. May 19, 11-4pm, Quinnipiac Riverfest at the Quinnipiac Marina
Food Policy Council: Mark
Rob Robertson announced sweeping & cleaning.
PK and Clifton/Quinnipiac Coalition: The Management Team has approved a grant of $10,000 from the City for use on this project. In addition, the Community Foundation has pledged $500 as part of the Leadership Program.
Post cleanup for April on Events page. Used for 7/4/18
Save the Dates for our 2018 Meetings:
April 18: David H. May 16: Mary Ann M. June 20: George M. July 18: Brenda B.
August 15: Mark D. Sept. 19 Susan Oct. 17 Sam B.H. Nov. 21 Marion L. Dec. Potluck