April 17, 2019 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Present: F. Bekhrad, Facilitator, L. Bisio, L. Cruz, M. Dunn, S. Esposito, L. Hottin, P. Kane, M. Lemley, M. Moran, K. Morrison, R. Roberts
- Welcome & Introductions
- Finance Report – Lauren B. Rec'd $1200 for Riverfest. $3,000 remaining in Yoga program. $1100+ in unrestricted funds. Additional pledges pending.
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074).
- Community gardens are open. Repair to some beds starting this Saturday. H. S. students will be getting plants.
- New Haven Food Policy Committee is supporting Breastfeeding groups for health and nutrition reasons.
- Urban Trail Update – possible video to be made by the end of June for the Am. Pub. Health Association Conference
Sound the Alarm smoke detector campaign 9-2pm, Sat. 4/27
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Riverfest: 5/18, Rain date 5/19, volunteers needed, please help spread the word. Lee has created new flyers for posting.
- Community Dining Out Night: Anastasio's Boathouse Café, 14 people -Fereshteh
- FH Community Mgt. Team- Next meeting 6pm 5/2 at the Fair Haven Library: fairhavencmt.org Bylaw changes passed. - Sally
- Library Activity Report – Kirk
- Report on program with Edgar Miranda-Rodriguez author of the "La Borinquena" comics/graphic novels. link to his website: https://www.la-borinquena.com/
- Working with SWAN providing space for health and social follow ups.
- 2nd Annual Ice Cream social planned for the end of May.
- Also working with residents at Mary Wade on programs.
- Website report: Lee – Support our contributors, website content available in multiple languages
* Retreat Report: Strong School District on Grand Avenue: Criteria for Development
- What we are bringing to the meeting with the Mayor? What do we want?
- Meeting logistics: when do we meet, who attends
- Discussion re: need for coalition to address River issues.
- Police\Safety: Lt. Mark O’Neill 203.589.1688 /NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316 -None
Announcements: updates and more info on www.ChathamSquare.ning.com
Motion to donate $200 to Mary Wade to support the parade. Passed unanimously.
- New Business
- Motion by Lee to donate $200 to Mary Wade to support its parade. Passed unanimously.
- Motion by Sally to request a meeting of Mgmt Teams in FH and FHH to meet with city officials to plan for Q. River. Unanimously passed,
- Request for Storage or donation of CSNA equipment- Sally. Motion to donate to Arte Inc.
Passed unanimously , contingent upon acceptance.
- Ranked Choice Voting on Grand Avenue Bridge and progress by Voters Choice CT- Patricia
- Follow up on B. 245: ACT PROHIBITING HUNTING ALONG THE Q RIVER IN NEW HAVEN
- Multiple FREE activities for adults and children at the Fair Haven Library
- FREE Swimming every Wed. 5-8pm, John Martinez School
- Support Groups at the Mary Wade Home, check CSNA website for topic, date and time
- Next Community Soup Night 5-7pm, Sunday April 28, Henry’s, 77 E. Pearl St.
The Great Give May 1 and May 2. $1.7 million was raised last year to support non-profit organizations.
Recycling at Transfer Station on 4/26 and 4/27
- Additional activities and event info & updates on our website. Mary Wade Parade, etc.
Save the Dates for these CSNA meetings:
May David W. Jun. Joan B.H. Jul. Margaret D. Aug. facilitator Sept. MaryAnn M Oct. Sue R. Nov. facilitator needed Dec. Holiday Potluck Dinner