May 15, 2019 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Attending Lee Cruz, S. Esposito, L. Hottin, P. Kane, M. Moran, K. Morrison, S. Regan
- Welcome & Introductions – David Weinreb, Facilitator
- Finance Report – Lauren B. Daughter born 5/1/19. $14,875. In bank. Urban Specialists, Yale, Graustein Fndtn, Beckerman Fndtn donations. Expenses for Riverfest coming up and donation to Mary Wade. $100 donation to Library program.
- Health & Wellness (Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Urban Trail Update – video about Trail to be made by Am. Pub. Health Assoc. Conference
- Community gardens and Greenspace projects– Maryann: Columbus School garden already producing. Library Garden thriving.
- Economic & Community Dev. (Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
- Riverfest: 5/18, Rain date 5/19, volunteers needed, please help spread the word
- Report on Community Soup Night
- Community Dining Out Night -6-8pm Wed. 5/29: J&J Dominican Restaurant,244 Grand Av
- Other Econ & Community Development activities:
- FH Community Mgt. Team- David. Next meeting 6pm 6/6, Fair Haven Library fairhavencmt.org
- Library Report – Kirk:
- Program with Edgar Miranda-Rodriguez author, "La Borinquena" update
- IMLS National Award! May have celebration. June 20 catered party at library.
- Police\Safety: Lt. Mark O’Neill 203.589.1688 /NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316
- Historic District - Patricia: Proposed demolition & construction, Howe St. Join Friends of Dwight Historic District at Historic District Comm. Hearing at City Hall on June 12 at 6 PM.
- Need for Notice to Neighborhoods; proposed development,
- 904 Quinnipiac Ave proposed rental development and impact on both sides of the river.
- Heights Development project on the Bridge has been canceled.
- Invitation to Olivia Martson to present to CSNA in June.
- Website report: Lee – Support our contributors, website content available in multiple languages
- Old Business:
- Meeting with Mayor Harp 5/30 at 4:45 PM re: Strong School District on Grand Avenue: Development Criteria developed from community meetings.
- relocation and/ or donation of CSNA Art equipment and supplies
- New Business:
- FREE Swimming every Wed. 5-8pm, John Martinez School
- Mary Wade Parade 10-1pm, Friday May 24. Renovating apartments in the area. Applied for $47 million for 84 unit assisted living units at market rates.
- $125,000 raised recently at Wine Event.
- Fair Haven Mgt Team meets 1st Thursday of each month at the Fair Haven Library.
- Additional activities and event info & updates on: ChathamSquare.ning.com
Save the Dates for these CSNA meetings:
Jun. Joan B.H. Jul. Margaret D. Aug. facilitator Spt. MaryAnn M Oct. Sue R. Nov. facilitator needed Dec. Holiday Potluck Dinner