1. Work Group Updates
A. Youth Empowerment: All of these events need volunteers, people like you and perhaps even you. If you can volunteer for any of these event contact Mary Ann Moran. All date are subject to possible because of weather or other reasons please check the EVENTS page on our website for changes & additional info.
- Mary Wade June Parade - Report. The event was a success with multiple schools, city officials and neighbors participating. Mary Wade Home staff want to work with CSNA to plan this event for next year.
- Family Field Day – at Chatham Square Park with help from UConn; food, fun game and sports; July 16
- Art in the Park – three dates pending in July, August and September
- Education Homework Adventure for kids – funding approved by Community Foundation; working with kids from Quinnipiac Terrace and the author of “Manuel & the Lobster Man” Catherine Urbain and the Schooner School; starts July 8.
- Fall Festival event – Sept 10, Mary Ann will contact Hope Metcalf to see which task she will do and what she needs others to do. We know we need a coordinator for that day.
- Halloween Event – tentatively planned for Oct 29, 1-3pm
B. Economic Development: Next Meeting work group meeting next Tuesday 6/21 Stave’s house 28 Chatham St
- City Seed Partnership to promote more use of the Quinnipiac Park Farmers Market. City Seed is close to hiring Outreach Coordinator.
- Kids Food Farm/Grow New Haven creating garden and connect with kids. Received Community Foundation. Will work with children from Clinton Ave School to make a school garden in 2012. Working in partnership with Start Community Bank, looking for neighborhood residents interested in gardening.
- Health Corner Store Initiative: Alycia will check progress and report back at next monthly meeting; provide coupons for Q Terrace residents to Mary Ann.
- Date and location for next “Community Dinning Out Night” will set and posted on EVENTS page of our website.
C. Community Service and Development:
- Tag Sale: tentatively scheduled for September. Sally Esposito will talk with Barbara Melotto, who has organized this event in the past.
- NEW IDEA: Calendar to coordinated and to invite neighbors to walking or dog walking together: intention healthier safer community. If you walk on a regular basis or walk you dog (or other pet) and want company please post the regular day, time and location from where you start on the EVENTS page. NOTE: George Morrison has already posted a special walk for Father’s Day starting at 5pm from 98 Clinton Avenue. Go to the calendar for details and post your own walk.
D. CSNA Web Site update
- Lee will check with Ken and Voytec to see if any other organizations have expressed interest in sponsoring the website, in addition to Start Community Bank.
E. CSNA Financials Update - $3,056.87
- $2,970.00 held by our fiduciary the United Way of Greater New Haven.
- Check request process to access these funds takes about 3 business days.
- $86.87 cash balance kept at Start Community Bank, for small dollar immediate need expenditures.
Upcoming meetings and who will facilitate:
July 20 - Sally
August 17- Lynn
September 21 - Karen
October 19 - George
November16 - Carlos
December 21 - Annual end-of-year party
Announcements: Father’s Day event Saturday 11-2, Quinnipiac Terrace.
Father’s Day Stroll on Clinton Ave, 5-7p. Sunday Starts at 98 Clinton Ave.
Opportunity to help project in Guatemala started many years ago by someone from the neighborhood. Check blog for details. Note: Carlos will help Fran to get this announcement on our website blog
Garden and Greenspace groups on Atwater and Front Streets are active. Over the next 7 weeks, could use more volunteers. Contact: Kathy Le 203 627-0178
Chatham Square Park Friends Group needs leadership. For more information, contact: Lara Browning 203 627 0178