April 19, 2016 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Presents were: Nathalie B, Mariam L, Brenda B, Richard P, David H, Sgt Renee Dominguez, Tim B, Gilbert A, Mark D, Lee C, Kyle Litscher, Sally E, Gerda Genece, Leslie F.
- Health & Wellness
- Urban Trail Update: Postcard update: should be ready by beginning of the school year.
- Community gardens – Maryann: 1- Library garden work days Thursdays 4-6. Check the website for updates. There will be more beds built this year. 2- Grand acres is still under construction but the community garden part (1/3 of the garden) should be functional by now. 3- Clinton school is in full swing, kids planted, are already harvesting the first crops of kale etc.
- Other health activities: Yale law school has a new clinic on environmental justice/Fair Haven Tour.
Interested in working on health issues contact Mary Ann email@example.com or Lee (203-668-7074)
- Economic & Community Development Christel Manning
- Riverfest 2017 Christel: Save the date: May 20, rain date May 21 Please share the website: www.QuinnipiacRiverfest.com via email and social media. lots of new sponsors, Dash race etc
- Community Dinning Out Night: 6-8pm Wed. 4/26 Grand Apizza 111 Grand Av.
- Other Eco. & Community Development activities:
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Report- Sally
- Website: reorganizing the website - Lee
- New Business & Activity Reports
- Report on clean up, Spring festival
- Update on Columbus School PTO – yoga/mindfulness classes grant: has been approved.
- Announcements: most events are posted on our website
- Hunger in New Haven, 6-8pm 4/27 Fair Haven Library: partnership between New Haven Public Libraries and The Long Wharf theater. See new play about hunger – free tickets for LWT at the libraries.
- Mary Wade Wine Dinner 6-10pm 4/29 Omni Hotel
- Fair Haven Family Stroll 10-2pm 5/6 Quinnipiac River Park
- THIS IS HUNGER: A Community Program of Mazon: A Jewish Response to Hunger starting starts Sunday 5/7 Visit must be scheduled - Kathleen.
- Alzheimer's Support Group 11:30am 5/10 Mary Wade Home
- Mary Wade Home Parade: 10:30-noon 5/19 Chatham Square Park
- ArtWalk Fri.\Sat. 5/12&13, Westville Village Center, Whalley Ave.
- Riverfest 11-4pm 5/20 Quinnipiac Marina
- "Intro to Rowing" Programs for Kids, June – August Quinnipiac River Marina details on our website calendar – Scholarships available
- Schooner Coastal Exploration and Sailing Camp for kids, June – August details on our website blog page - Scholarships available
- Chatham Square is actively looking for a new secretary. Talk to Lee is interested.
- Police\Safety: Renee Dominguez 203.887.0618: Nothing much to report except a slight increase in car break-ins that tend to get to sheds, garages, back doors. Pay attention, secure gardening tools etc, lock your doors etc.
2017 meetings schedule & facilitators:
May 18– Lee C. June 15– July 20-
August 17– September 21- October 19 - November 16 -