August 19,2015 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
- Welcome & Introductions: Lee C, George M, Nathalie B, Juan Marques, Mark Rivera, Santiago BB, Marian L, Katheen F, Susan OL, Rich P, Brenda B, Leslie F, Alycia S, Chris B, Sally E, Mary Ann M, Lt D. Saclari, Henri, Doug Hausladen, David H.
- Special guest Doug Hausladen- City of New Haven Director: Transportation, Traffic & Parking
- Clinton avenue plans will have to be changed. Not ready yet. Will be discussed with the group again soon.
- East Pearl and Grand Ave Parking lot is going to be looked at by the city.
- Speed humps / city generally against it / Public safety/ discussions need to involve individuals interested and their respective Alderman.
- Stones in front of the Middletown Ave bridge are temporary. Need to be pushed back a little as they are too close to the road. A sidewalk is in the works for that area. Use SeeClickFix: Clean city initiative from Mayor Harp.
- CARE: Yale School Public Health Report – Alycia\Kathleen
- Urban Walking Trail: Markers for trails. 5’ squares, hours from being approved. Will be posted when it’s all done.
- Good article in the Register about New Haven Farms http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20150815/farm-program-in-new...
- New Haven Health Survey happening all around the city this Fall. Outreach workers will be knocking on 1,200 doors in six neighborhoods: Dixwell, West River, Dwight, Fair Haven, Hill North, New Hallville and West Rock. Interested in working with CARE? Contact: Alycia Santilli (203-785-7651)
- Economic & Community Development Christel\Lee
- Urban oasis, entrance to neighborhood at Middletown Ave.
- Fair Haven Forward
- Community Soup Night: Morrison’s 98 Clinton Av 5-7pm Saturday 8/22
- Chatham Square Festival September 12, 1-4pm: 10th anniversary
- Pizza serving volunteers needed: Susan will help, and Sally, and Juan. Nathalie will table there for the trail since Kathleen may not be available that day/time.
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel Manning
- Youth, Children & Families– Mary Ann\Sally
- Homework Club at Q Terrace: MaryAnn: will start up again, around the 15th of Sept. Melanie has organized a retreat with an all-girl group
- Report on Community Gardens: MaryAnn\Nathalie
Interested in this work group? Contact Mary Ann Moran
- Announcements\Report back on other activities\events:
- Strong School building Project (SPACe) Update Lee: the team met with the city and asked for a MOU, city is working on it. One private developer is being talked to. Moving on. Starting negotiations after MOU.
- David Hunter, Mary Wade Home development plans: not ready yet.
- Mary Wade Sept 27, concert (see Announcement on csna website).
- City Seed Farmer’s Market Thursday 3-6pm
- Status and Impact of UI tree trimming and utility pole replacement: who is being impacted and how? Talk to Lee if interested to be part of the discussion.
Interested in any of these activities contact Lee Cruz – (203-668-7074)
- Finance Report- Laura\Lee
- Web presence report: Lee
- Job for a transportation coordinator at Mary Wade, and coordinator for the Land trust.
- Police\Safety & Traffic– Darcia Siclari, FH District Manager (203-668-2218): 390 Q terrace heroin arrest. 40 Atwater thefts, more people looking out for scooters, homeless program along the water. Prostitution program. Pb with chains on Dover Beach Park. Rebecca Bombero from Parks will be contacted about the park, including removal of trash on grass. About Motorcycle noise: check out https://www.facebook.com/CTCALM?fref=nf(Facebook),
Announcements: There is a special event this evening (August 19) for the closing of the Grand Avenue Bridge. The event is until 9pm. Please go by and support this event if you can. It is possible to walk but not to drive on the bridge for two weeks starting this past Monday.
Next meeting: September 16, scheduled facilitator: MaryAnn