Fair Haven is a Diverse Community with a Rich History and a Beautiful Waterfront
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF
THE CITY OF NEW HAVEN
360 Orange Street
New Haven, CT 06511
Phone: (203) 498-8800
Fax: (203) 497-9259
Grant Funded Position
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
SALARY RANGE: Minimum: $54,519 Maximum: $72,690
EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO: Deputy Executive Director, Special Projects
PREPARED BY: DATE:
APPROVED BY: DATE:
EXPIRATION DATE: May 14, 2010
This is a technical, administrative position requiring in-depth knowledge of modernizing and rehabilitating multi-family and elderly housing. Position involves directing energy conservation program. Work includes inspecting Authority properties, determining the extent of repairs or improvements necessary, preparing technical specifications and/or bid documents, evaluating proposals and monitoring progress of work in compliance with specifications and personnel regulations.
1. Inspect Authority properties and recommend modifications and repairs in the interest of economical and efficient operations.
2. Actual project management of multi-phased projects supervising architects and contractors.
3. Assist in preparing budgets for modernization and energy conservation work.
4. Oversee preparation of mechanical and construction drawings, designs, contract documents, bid documents, technical specifications, cost analyses and estimates.
5. Review bids received for conformance with plans and specifications with appropriate staff.
6. Inspect construction and mechanical work in progress to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and local, State and Federal Codes.
7. Assist in contract supervision, construction supervision and payment cost controls.
8. Maintain records of job site conditions.
9. Prepare punch lists of construction defects and perform follow-up inspections.
10. Attend job meeting on behalf of the Authority.
11. Instruct in-house personnel in energy management techniques. Assist HANH service personnel with mechanical and service systems as required.
12. Handle all claims under the Authority’s fire insurance policies.
13. Responsible for assisting in managing and monitoring construction, vacancy preparation and modernization activities for the Authority.
14. Review outside contractor’s conformance with the Davis-Bacon Act. EEO Regulations and other relevant labor/wage requirements.
15. Prepare drawings and specification under the supervision of the Director of Planning and Development.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in architecture, engineering, management, planning or related field.
Five years experience in housing rehabilitation, building construction, housing inspection or repair and remodeling. Masters’ degree may be substituted for one year of experience. Cost estimation experience. Considerable knowledge of construction principles, methods, procedures and materials. Considerable knowledge of applicable codes, laws, ordinances and regulations related to housing. Knowledge of specification writing, bidding procedures, costs of labor and materials for construction. Understanding of financing of construction projects. Must be familiar with all phases of construction, including site work, masonry, roofing and siding systems, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, energy conservation and carpentry work. Must be familiar with local, State and Federal ordinances regarding construction, modernization and rehabilitation. Must be able to communicate effective orally, and in writing, and maintain financial records. Must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Typical office environment and able to attend meetings, trainings and travel to HANH sites unaccompanied.
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION
THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF NEW HAVEN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONSIDER APPLICATIONS AND RESUMES UPON RECEIPT AND MAKE EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS ACCORDINGLY UNTIL ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED.
All applications and resumes must be in the Human Resource Office on or before May 14, 2010.
Job descriptions & applications may be obtained from HANH at 360 Orange Street, New Haven, CT 06511. Submit resumes with or without applications to the address above, via fax to (203) 497-8202 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD number (203) 497-8434, between the hours of 9:00 - 5:00 p.m. weekdays. The Housing Authority accepts applications only for positions it is trying to fill. If an applicant requires further information, please call the HR Office at (203) 498-8800 Ext. 1202. Disabled are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V