Position Summary – Responsible for maintaining ongoing communication and working relationships with the Adult and Juvenile Court of New Haven. Provides mediation services to those referred by the court, reports back to the court and maintains required records and data on all services provided.
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
· Mediates cases referred from Adult, Juvenile, and Youthful Offender Courts.
· Provides mediation services for cases referred to the agency from community agencies and organizations.
· Maintains necessary records and completes required data reports on a timely basis.
· Maintains ongoing communication regarding all court related activities with Court Coordinator.
· Develops and/or assists with mediation trainings and conflict resolution workshops.
· Works with Community Mediation’s other programs’ staff, providing back-up as needed.
· Assists with outreach and public education.
· Participates in all staff meetings and other staff training activities.
· Performs other functions as assigned by supervisor.
· Possesses effective communication, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills in both Microsoft Word and Excel
· Is detailed oriented
· Willing to work a flexible work schedule with some evening and weekend work required.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
· Trained in mediation techniques and at least one year experience in mediation, highly desirable.
Salary: $30,000 + benefits
Please send resume and letter of interest, or e-mail same to email@example.com by Friday, May 28, 2010.
Kathleen Benoit, Office Manager
Community Mediation, Inc.
32 Elm Street
New Haven CT 06510
For more information about our organization, visit www.community-mediation.org