Meeting Notes - Thank you George Morrison.
November 16, 2017 ~ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
The Mary Wade Home
Attendees: George M., Sally E., Mary Ann M., Lt. Zannelli, Kirk M. Kathleen F., Vinnie A. Lee C.
Finance Report – Fund balance: $9,090.98. $300 contribution fr. George C., Grand Apizza is in process.
Health & Wellness:
- Urban Trail Update – request are pending
- Food Policy Council – Kathleen: NH Hunger Report is linked on our website. Fair Haven has high rate of food insecurity. Community gardens are making a difference. There is interest in an extended discussion about this topic at our January retreat. Interested residents should read the Hunger in New Haven report linked on the CSNA website homepage.
Interested in working on health\wellness issues? Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee (203-668-7074)
Economic & Community Dev.: Next meeting: scheduled Nov. 27 has been postponed until December 11 at 6pm, at the Quinnipiac Marina
- Old Strong School: vote is tonight: Lazarus proposal. We found out after the meeting that the proposal was rejected by the committee of alders and residents.
- Community Dinning Out Night: at Grand Apizza, Tuesday December 5 from 6-8pm. Topics to be discussed include planning for Riverfest, next community soup night.
Interested in this work group? Contact Christel at email@example.com
FH Community Mgt. Report- Sally: next meeting 6pm 12/7 FH Police Substation will be the Holiday Party.
Library Report – Kirk There are a number of upcoming events at our local library including the 100 year anniversary for dates and times check out our events page.
Website report: Lee - Grand Apizza re upped for 1 yr. of support, please thank them when you go by for pizza or join us for Community Dining Out Night at Grand Apizza 12/5, 6-8pm
Old Business & Reports:
- Community Soup Night – was at Joyce’s home, Over 30 people attended, great soup night.
- Halloween Parade to the Mary Wade Home was a hit. 2 dozen children in costumes, with their parents visited residents of the Mary Wade Home. A good time was had by all.
- Over 50 kids with parents gathered at the Annual Halloween Night get together at the Bosson –Heenan’s after which the group went treat or treating. Thanks to the host and the parent\guardians who made it a safe and enjoyable evening.
- 2018 Annual Planning Retreat, 10-2pm 1/20/18 FH Library Prog. Room. We plan to invite alders and key agency representatives to discuss food security and economic development of our neighborhood. Everyone who lives or works in the neighborhood is welcome.
Police\Safety: LT. Zanelli 203.726.2899/NHPD non-emergency 203.946.6316
Detailed reports now available on our website. Click on FHCMT on the black tabs line. The schedule for the Management Team meetings and other information is also available on this sister website.
- Mary Wade Home Adult Care Center Open House 2-4pm Sun. 11/19. Area residents are welcome. CSNA co-sponsoring the event.
- MusicHaven, music education program has moved Erector Square on Peck St. Multiple classic music recitals have been posted on our website events calendar. Everyone is welcome.
- Next meeting will be our Annual Holiday Potluck Dinner Dec.20 6-7:30pm. Everyone welcome. We are inviting City Staff from Parks, Traffic and Engineering Departments to show our appreciation for the repair of the sidewalks around the park and the traffic calming measures on Clinton Avenue.
- Save the Date for our CSNA Annual Planning Retreat, 10-2pm Sat. January 20.
More information and updates of these events on our website.