Fair Haven is a Diverse Community with a Rich History and a Beautiful Waterfront
For a comprehensive list of Resource Pages by location, language and type of Service visit:
For the food insecure in our community:
Regarding Eating at Restaurants: By mandate of the Governor, no restaurant in Connecticut is allowed to offer sit-down service until further notice. All restaurant that are open are offering takeout service and some are providing delivery. It is important that those of us who can afford it continue to support local businesses during this unprecedented time. Given the evolving situation, it is strongly recommended that you please call before you go.
Also Please Note: By order of the Mayor of New Haven all residents must use a face masks in essential retail businesses, including grocery stores, big-box stores, restaurants, pharmacies, gas stations, convenience stores, and package stores. The order also requires business owners to provide face masks to all workers in these essential retail businesses. This order goes into effect this Friday April 17.
- Fair Haven Pharmacy. Open Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm. Closed Sunday. They will pick up your prescription anywhere in New Haven, fill and deliver it for free. There is also the option to have them fill your prescription while you wait in their parking area, which is accessed through the River Run Apartments parking lot, adjacent to the pharmacy building. Phone: 203.923.3229.
- C Town Supermarket. Open every from 7:30am to 10pm. May have prepared food. Phone: 203.777.3998.
- Grand and Atwater Deli and Convenience Store. Prepared foods and household items. Great sandwiches. Open Monday through Saturday 8:30am to 8pm. Closed Sundays. Phone: 203.777.2201.
- Salsa Authentic Mexican. Open Wednesday through Monday, 11am to 7pm. Now delivering in the neighborhood. Exceptionally good Mexican food. Closed Tuesdays. Phone: 203.752.1265.
- Grand Apizza. Open Tuesday through Saturday 11am to 10pm and Sunday 2:30pm to 9pm. Closed Mondays. New Haven's best kept secret, this is great pizza. A restaurant runner will bring your order out to your car, park in the rear. Phone: 203.624.7646 or 203.624.9320.
- La Molienda Peruvian and Ecuadorian Food. Open Thursday through Tuesday 11am to 10pm. Closed Wednesdays. Best ceviche in New Haven, Phone 203.562.0675.
- J&J Dominican Restaurant: Temporarily Closed. Open Monday through Saturday 9am to 6pm. Closed Sundays. Takeout and delivery. Caribbean cuisine, best chicken soup on Grand Ave. Phone: 475.238.8020.
- Cositas Deliciosas. Open every day 7am to 10pm. Mexican food and best fresh fruit drinks made to order. Phone: 203.782.4757.
- El Coqui: Temporarily Closed. Normally open every day 10:30am to 8pm. Best Puerto Rican food in New Haven. Phone 203.562.1757.
- Buen Gusto. Open Monday through Saturday 8am to 8pm and Sunday 9am to 7pm. Latin food of all types. Phone: 203.772.3577.
If you can afford it please support these and other local businesses so that they can continue to operate during and after this special period.
If you notice a change or have information about other locally owned business which you would like our community to know about, please add it in the comments below.
To see or to share information visit www.ChathamSquare.ning.com
Thank you and stay safe.